Lithuanian Business Schengen Visa
If a non-European Union citizen wants to come and stay in the Republic of Lithuania or any other European Union country to explore local markets and meet potential business partners, he needs to obtain a Schengen visa. This kind of a visa can be issued by any Schengen zone member country and will be valid in other state members as well. You will not need to obtain additional visas visiting other countries or travelling between them.
I can assure you that Lithuania is your best option to obtain a Schengen visa, it is fast, cheap and has no restrictions for nationalities. Keep reading further and I will explain you why it is so and how it is possible.
Countries you may visit with LITHUANIAN Schengen visa
Lithuania is a small baltic country which has a population of 2.8 million citizens and it struggles maintaining its population by its own natural reproduction therefore it needs to attract more and more immigrants to do business, work and study in Lithuania to keep country economics developing and expanding. Each year the amount of foreigners coming to Lithuania is increasing dramatically.
In the chart below you will see how many D type visas are being issued each year and the numbers are increasing year by year. These are official statistics provided by Lithuanian migration department.
Some popular European Union coutries like Germany or France are getting more strict on immigration rules because they cannot cope with immigration quantities, and its getting more harder and more expensive to obtain a visa to European Union through these countries. You should pay more attention to smaller countries like Lithuania, destination is not very popular within foreigners but it gives you the same travel rights as any other EU country in affordable and fast way. As we can see the trend in 2019 years Lithuanian government will issue over 60’000 type D visas to foreigners, it is a good chance to be the one among that number! Keep reading further and I will explain you how it is possible to obtain a D type visa through company formation in Lithuania.
One year multiple entry type D national visa
Foreigner who registers a new company in Lithuania has right to apply for Lithuanian visiting visa which is called National Type D visa. Good thing about it is that the company registration procedure does not require foreigner personal appearance in Lithuania and we can prepare the complete visa file remotely. This visa allows foreigner to stay in Lithuania and other European Union countries all year long. During this time foreigner can exit and enter European Union as many times as he needs, entries are not limited.
Advantages of National Type D visa:
- No obligation to stay certain minimum days in Lithuania;
- No obligation to hire local citizens in the company;
- No need of police clearance or education diploma;
- No need to run a company for a certain time to obtain a visa.
Documents required to start the procedure: passport copy, living place address in natice country, contact details.
This is one of the most easiest and fastest way to obtain a long term Schengen visit visa. It is not a residence permit, therefore you will net get free health care or free education service and it does not lead to the citizenship. But this kind of a visa allows you to depart and return to Lithuania and other European Union countries multiple times during one year period.
This kind of National type D visa in Lithuania is issued for start-up companies, which are freshly registered. Visa is issued for one year term and before few weeks of expiration date it is possible to renew the visa for another one year . It is possible to apply for a national type D visa total four persons under one company registration, therefore you may include your family members in the same company and together with whole family obtain visas.
To apply for Lithuanian national type D visa foreigner must meet following requirements:
- Has to be a shareholder or a director of registered company in Lithuania.
- Companies share capital has to be not less than 28’000 Eur. You don’t need to deposit your own funds to form a share capital of the company. During company registration we deposit our own funds to register a share capital and after completring registration procedure withdraw from the bank account.
Here you will find the whole procedure explained step by step
Short term Schengen visitor visa
As well there are different type of visas available like short term visa. This Schengen visa can be single or multiple entry, the difference is that foreigner will be allowed to come to European Union and leave only once or multiple times with the same single visa. Usually such visas are issued single entry for a week or two.
Short term business visa is called Type-C Schengen visa.
Foreigner willing to apply for a Lithuanian business visa can submit application file to any nearest Lithuanian embassy or representative embassy of another European Union country which issues visa on Behalf of Lithuania. For example in Pakistan there is Hungarian embassy in Pakistan which issues visas on behalf of Lithuania, Spanish embassy issues visa on behalf of Lithuania on Iran, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Belgium and French embassies issues visa on behalf of Lithuania in Nigeria. There are and other countries where representative embassies can issue Schengen visa on behalf of Lithuania.
To apply for a single entry short-term Type-C Lithuanian business visa it is necessary to submit following documents:
- A valid passport, which will be valid more than three months after visa expiration date. The passport should be issued within the last 10 years;
- Fill Lithuanian visa application form online here;
- One 35x45mm size colorful picture for the application form;
- Documents stating your business travel to Lithuania purpose. Usually it is company registration documents in Lithuania and business invitation letter approved by the Lithuanias Migration department issued from our company for you to come to Lithuania. This works as an insurance that we will take care after you while you will be staying in the territory of Republic of Lithuania;
- Health insurance for the value of 30’000 Eur valid in all Schengen territory;
- Hotel reservation receipt or proof of funds showing that you will be able to buy accommodation services in Lithuania;
- Bank statement showing that the applicant has enough money to live in Lithuania for the visa validity period. Currently it is 40 Eur per day. If you are willing to stay in Lithuania for 10 days then you will have to prove that you have minimum 400 Eur of fund available with you. We recommend to provide approved bank statement;
- Any additional documents showing what are you working in your native country, any business background, job experience, employment contracts, business ownership document, education diplomas or any other documents helping to Embassy officer to verify that you are a genuine businessman;
- Pay consular fee of 60 Eur.
If foreigner need to be coming and leaving Lithuania for multiple times it is possible to apply for a multiple entry short-term Type-C Lithuanian visa, this kind of a visa is issued under following circumstances and van be valid up to one year period:
- Foreigner has relatives who are living in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Foreigner has a residence permit in a European Union country which is not a part of a Schengen zone;
- Foreigner owns any kind of a real estate in Lithuania. There are no minimal requirements for the size, location or value of real estate;
- Foreigner is a director or board member of a foreign company which has registered a branch office in Lithuania;
- Foreigner who has already been issued for two times single entry Lithuanian Schengen visas.
After expiration of one year period visa foreigner can apply for two year Schengen visa under the same basis and the third time he is eligible to apply for a three year multiple entry Schengen visa under the same basis.
Business invitation letter
We always recommend foreigners to register a company in Lithuania to have a good basis for Lithuanian business visa application. After registration our company will issue two business invitation letters to come to Lithuania. These invitation letters works as an assurance for migration department and embassy that our company will take care visitor during his stay in Lithuania. Such business invitation letter takes around three to five days to get approved by Lithuanias migration department.
Our company will have to submit necessary documents for invitation approval. After approval department will issue confirmation reference number and invitation letter copy, which will have to be provided to Lithuanian embassy abroad. They do not issue any original hardcopies of invitation letter if foreigner is applying through Lithuanian embassy abroad. If foreigner will be applying through representative embassy, for example in Pakistan through Hungarian embassy, which issued visas on behalf of Lithuania, then migration department will issue original hard copy of invitation letter approved by stamp and officer signature. This letter will have to be included within application form.
Business invitation letter is good only for single entry Lithuanian visas. If foreigner wish to obtain multiple entry visas, it is necessary to apply under different basis.
Buying a real estate in Lithuania
If foreigner owns real estate in Lithuania he is eligible to apply for a one year multiple entry Schengen visa. It does not require to spend minimum amount of money, the only thing it matter it is that the real estate premises would be dedicated for living, where the foreigner could live. It is not hard to purchase a small flat in a small village for the amount starting from 5’000 Eur. After purchasing the flat foreigner can apply for a multiple entry one year Schengen visa.