Short term Schengen visitor visa
As well there are different type of visas available like short term visa. This Schengen visa can be single or multiple entry, the difference is that foreigner will be allowed to come to European Union and leave only once or multiple times with the same single visa. Usually such visas are issued single entry for a week or two.
Short term business visa is called Type-C Schengen visa.
Foreigner willing to apply for a Lithuanian business visa can submit application file to any nearest Lithuanian embassy or representative embassy of another European Union country which issues visa on Behalf of Lithuania. For example in Pakistan there is Hungarian embassy in Pakistan which issues visas on behalf of Lithuania, Spanish embassy issues visa on behalf of Lithuania on Iran, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Belgium and French embassies issues visa on behalf of Lithuania in Nigeria. There are and other countries where representative embassies can issue Schengen visa on behalf of Lithuania.
To apply for a single entry short-term Type-C Lithuanian business visa it is necessary to submit following documents:
- A valid passport, which will be valid more than three months after visa expiration date. The passport should be issued within the last 10 years;
- Fill Lithuanian visa application form online here;
- One 35x45mm size colorful picture for the application form;
- Documents stating your business travel to Lithuania purpose. Usually it is company registration documents in Lithuania and business invitation letter approved by the Lithuanias Migration department issued from our company for you to come to Lithuania. This works as an insurance that we will take care after you while you will be staying in the territory of Republic of Lithuania;
- Health insurance for the value of 30’000 Eur valid in all Schengen territory;
- Hotel reservation receipt or proof of funds showing that you will be able to buy accommodation services in Lithuania;
- Bank statement showing that the applicant has enough money to live in Lithuania for the visa validity period. Currently it is 40 Eur per day. If you are willing to stay in Lithuania for 10 days then you will have to prove that you have minimum 400 Eur of fund available with you. We recommend to provide approved bank statement;
- Any additional documents showing what are you working in your native country, any business background, job experience, employment contracts, business ownership document, education diplomas or any other documents helping to Embassy officer to verify that you are a genuine businessman;
- Pay consular fee of 60 Eur.
Lithuanian visa online form application
If foreigner need to be coming and leaving Lithuania for multiple times it is possible to apply for a multiple entry short-term Type-C Lithuanian visa, this kind of a visa is issued under following circumstances and van be valid up to one year period:
- Foreigner has relatives who are living in the Republic of Lithuania;
- Foreigner has a residence permit in a European Union country which is not a part of a Schengen zone;
- Foreigner owns any kind of a real estate in Lithuania. There are no minimal requirements for the size, location or value of real estate;
- Foreigner is a director or board member of a foreign company which has registered a branch office in Lithuania;
- Foreigner who has already been issued for two times single entry Lithuanian Schengen visas.
After expiration of one year period visa foreigner can apply for two year Schengen visa under the same basis and the third time he is eligible to apply for a three year multiple entry Schengen visa under the same basis.
Business invitation letter
We always recommend foreigners to register a company in Lithuania to have a good basis for Lithuanian business visa application. After registration our company will issue two business invitation letters to come to Lithuania. These invitation letters works as an assurance for migration department and embassy that our company will take care visitor during his stay in Lithuania. Such business invitation letter takes around three to five days to get approved by Lithuanias migration department.
Our company will have to submit necessary documents for invitation approval. After approval department will issue confirmation reference number and invitation letter copy, which will have to be provided to Lithuanian embassy abroad. They do not issue any original hardcopies of invitation letter if foreigner is applying through Lithuanian embassy abroad. If foreigner will be applying through representative embassy, for example in Pakistan through Hungarian embassy, which issued visas on behalf of Lithuania, then migration department will issue original hard copy of invitation letter approved by stamp and officer signature. This letter will have to be included within application form.
Business invitation letter is good only for single entry Lithuanian visas. If foreigner wish to obtain multiple entry visas, it is necessary to apply under different basis.
Buying a real estate in Lithuania
If foreigner owns real estate in Lithuania he is eligible to apply for a one year multiple entry Schengen visa. It does not require to spend minimum amount of money, the only thing it matter it is that the real estate premises would be dedicated for living, where the foreigner could live. It is not hard to purchase a small flat in a small village for the amount starting from 5’000 Eur. After purchasing the flat foreigner can apply for a multiple entry one year Schengen visa.